About MPP Virtual Appliance
The MPP virtual appliance provides antispam, email archive and content controls. The MPP Appliance can be used as an SMTP gateway, as is typical for antispam installations. For email archive the Virtual Appliance is typically used a receiver of SMTP journal reports for MTA's like Exchange or Postfix. The MPP virtual appliance can import existing email stored by Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird or over 20 other email formats.
Hardware requirements for VMware host machine
CPU minimum Intel Pentium 4 2Ghz or equivalent RAM minimum minimum 512Mb / recommended 1Gb HDD free space: minimum 3Gb Networking: Ethernet card (for VMware bridged networking)
Software requirements for VMware host machine
Desktop virtualization products
Server virtualization products
OS: Windows / Linux VMware Server for Windows/Linux
Since the propose of appliance is to act as gateway (between real mailserver and firewall/NAT host/router), the following services should be available:
- DNS server
- Mail server providing SMTP service
- Mail server providing IMAP / POP3 service
- DHCP server - required if not using static network configuration
We strongly recommend using Mozilla Firefox , however, IE and Safari are supported.
- OS: Debian Linux 4.0 (Etch)
- Download and install VMware player available from: http://www.vmware.com/download/player/
- For VMware Player open MPP_appliance/vmimage_files/MPPDemo.vmx to start appliance.
- For VMware Server register MPPDemo.vmx as new virtual machine and start VM
Configure appliance: mppappconf
- After first boot, at login prompt use: user "root" and password "password", then run: /usr/local/sbin/mppappconf
This will guide you through the rest of setup: root password, timezone config, setup relay domains, setup MPP MySQL quarantine and/or MySQL archive along with new root password.
- For web based configuration of GUI point your browser to: http://mpp_appliance_host:20001
Login: admin Password: raempp
Access to Email Archive and Spam Quarantine
- Point your browser to: http://mpp_appliance_host:20000 and login with user
"admin" and password "raempp"